About the Organisation
North Ayrshire Citizens Advice Service (NACAS) is a voluntary-led service which provides independent, free, confidential and impartial advice on a huge range of issues including debt, money advice, housing issues, consumer issues, legal matter and employment.
NACAS is a recognised organisation that prides itself in providing quality advice and support to everyone who needs it, when they need it and the way that they need it.
NACAS is a charitable company limited by guarantee, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is affiliated to Citizens Advice Scotland, the umbrella body for all Scottish Advice Bureaux. NACAS is governed by a Board of Directors, all of whom are volunteers. The company currently employs 15 members of staff; however the backbone of the organisation is the core of over 50 volunteers who provide the support and service.
List of Volunteering Opportunities and Description
Our Digital Champions help and support our staff, volunteers and people within our communities wanting to find out more about technology and how it can help them. Their work will be focused on significantly increasing the digital offering within the organisation and with external stakeholders. The role will help people make the most of digital access, increase their confidence in getting online and using their devices to access services and products.
• To support our volunteers, staff and clients to access the internet and digital tools through one to one support, information session and practical exercises sessions.
• Effectively sign post our volunteers, staff and clients towards further resources and opportunities to become digitally capable.
• To help effectively engage with individuals, groups and partner organisations to break down barriers to digital (and social) exclusion.
• To encourage digital interaction between volunteers, staff, clients and support organisations with the aim of improving service delivery, through the use of social media, websites, systems, referral portals, and other appropriate forms of digital interaction.
• To establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, colleagues and external organisations and individuals.
• To engage in and deliver support training when required.
• To support the delivery of specific projects and the strategic aims of the organisation
• Effectively promote the opportunities for digital inclusion and benefits of engagement.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate commitment to the aims and policies of the organisation.
• Abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for own safety and that of colleagues.
Michael McGuire, 17 Vernon Street, Saltcoats KA21 5HE
Tel: 07769 737147